Micro-Credential 3 (MC3): Teaching Career Curricula in Canadian Schools
November 20, 2023
This module is intended to support educators who are currently teaching or would like to develop competency in the delivery of provincially mandated career curricula in their province or territory.
Note: The module will only proceed if 5 or more participants have registered. Please register now to ensure the course proceeds as scheduled.
- Completion of or current enrolment within a teacher education program.
- Completion of Micro-Credential 1: Fundamentals of Career Development*
- Baudoun, R., Bezanson, L., Borgen, W., Goyer, L., Hiebert, B., Lalande, V., Magnusson, K., Michaud, G., Renard, C., & Turcotte M. (2007). Demonstrating value: A draft framework for evaluating the effectiveness of career development interventions. Canadian Journal of Counselling and Psychotherapy, 41(3). 146-157. https://cjc-rcc.ucalgary.ca/article/view/58816/44293
- Council of Ministers of Education, Canada (CMEC). (2020). Pan-Canadian systems-level framework on global competencies. https://www.cmec.ca/Publications/Lists/Publications/Attachments/403/Pan-Canadian%20Systems-Level%20Framework%20on%20Global%20Competencies_EN.pdf
- Council of Ministers of Education, Canada (CMEC). (2017). CMEC reference framework for successful student transitions. https://www.cmec.ca/Publications/Lists/Publications/Attachments/372/CMEC-Reference-Framework-for-Successful-Student-Transitions-EN.pdf
- Council of Ministers of Education, Canada (CMEC). (2017). Student transition benchmark self-assessment tool. http://cmec.ca/docs/Student-Transition-Benchmark-Self-Assessment-Tool-EN.pdf
- Council of Ministers of Education, Canada (CMEC). (2017). Transition action plan template. http://cmec.ca/docs/Student-Transition-Action-Plan-Template-EN.pdf
- Council of Ministers of Education, Canada (CMEC). (n.d.). Council of Ministers of Education, Canada over 50 years of pan-Canadian leadership in education. https://www.cmec.ca/682/Global_Competencies.html
- UN. (2017). The 17 goals. The United Nations: Department of Economic and Social Affairs. https://sdgs.un.org/goals
* Completion of Micro-Credential 2: Career Development and Mental Health Connections is also recommended.